Students will learn basic HTML and explore how code can translate into a final visual design, such as a web page. They will create a web page design, translate it into HTML, and then use the computer language to communicate their design to a partner. Their partner will then act as a web browser, converting the code into the original web page design.
8 – 14
Introduce students to:
- Basic HTML code
- The general concept of computer languages
- How different elements of a website are expressed in HTML code
Anticipated Learner Outcomes
As a result of this activity, students will be able to:
- Write in basic HTML code.
- Understand how HTML functions as a language and how it translates into the visuals of a website.
- Code a basic website.
- Teacher Resource Documents (attached)
- Student Resource Sheet (attached)
- Student Worksheets (attached)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.