This lesson focuses on transformers as one of the most important components in any electrical system. Students engage in a hands-on activity where they build and test a simple but working transformer, using inexpensive materials.
12 – 18
- Learn about what transformers do
- Learn about how transformers are made
- Make small demonstration transformers
Anticipated Learner Outcomes
Students will gain:
- Ability to understand and articulate what transformers are, what they do and where they can be found.
- The importance of disciplined team work.
- Problem solving.
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.