This lesson focuses on how computing decision trees are used to specify and solve problems.
14 – 18
Students will be able to:
- recognize a decision tree;
- recognize a problem where a decision tree can be useful in solving it;
- relate algorithms and decision trees, and be able to list some algorithms that can be matched to a decision tree”
- demonstrate teamwork and computing problem solving in groups.
Anticipated Learner Outcomes
As result of this activity, students should develop an understanding of:
- Decision trees
Students learn about decision trees, subscription fraud and how they can use decision trees to solve the subscription fraud problem. Students work in teams with specific task assigned to each member. The end result is a decision tree for detecting subscription fraud.
- Teacher Resource Documents
- Student Worksheets
- Student Resource Sheets
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.