This lesson introduces students to the new technique of drawing electrical pathways for circuitry with pens.
8 – 12
- Learn about alternatives to wiring in electrical circuitry.
- Learn about the electrical properties of different materials.
- Learn how conductors and insulators react to electric current.
- Learn to predict outcomes and draw conclusions.
- Learn about teamwork and working in groups.
Anticipated Learner Outcomes
As a result of this activity, students should develop an understanding of:
- electrical properties
- conductors and insulators
- circuits and current flow
- making and testing predictions
Expanding on understanding of simple circuits, this lesson explores conductivity and introduces students to the new technique of drawing electrical pathways for circuitry with pens. Students will design, and build a simple circuit using drawn connectors and construct a device for testing materials for conductivity. Note: This lesson plan is designed for classroom use only, with supervision by a teacher familiar with electrical and electronic concepts.
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.