Lesson focuses on exploring how the development of search engines has revolutionized Internet. Students work in teams to understand the technology behind search engines and explore how they can retrieve useful information using search engines.
8 – 18
- Learn about basics of a search engine
- Learn how to query search engines
- Learn how to find relevant material using advanced search options
- Learn about teamwork and problem solving
Anticipated Learner Outcomes
As a result of this activity, students should develop an understanding of:
- impact of search engines on world wide web (www)
- techniques to build efficient search queries
Students build search queries. They learn efficient method of retrieving information. Students compare different search engines. Working in teams of two or three students, the students explore effective teamwork skills.
- Teacher Resource Documents
- Student Worksheets
- Student Resource Sheets
- Computers with Internet access
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.