Lesson focuses on how software engineers design computer games and other software. Student teams work together to develop a simple computer program using free software that is available in multiple languages.
11 – 18
- Learn how software engineers develop computer games.
- Learn about the process of product re-engineering.
- Learn how engineering teams address problem solving.
- Learn about teamwork and working in groups.
Anticipated Learner Outcomes
As a result of this activity, students should develop an understanding of:
- software engineering and programming
- product design and engineering
- problem solving
Students learn about basic computer programming and the work of software engineers. Student teams work together to develop a simple computer program using free software that is available in multiple languages. Students execute their own games, and evaluate the games developed by other student teams.
- Teacher Resource Documents (attached)
- Student Worksheets (attached)
- Student Resource Sheets (attached)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.