Using vector-based graphic design software and an Epilog Laser cutter/engraver, students will learn to design and produce their very own custom backpack/luggage tag.
9 – 14
Introduce students to:
- How CO2 laser cutters/engravers work.
- Recognizing laser compatible materials.
- Basic graphic design concepts necessary to successfully design for laser engraving and cutting.
Anticipated Learner Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Create simple raster and vector designs to create real-world products with the laser.
Understand how laser engraving/cutting systems work, as well as common laser-friendly materials. Students will be able to utilize graphic design software to create simple engraving/cutting projects.
- https://youtube.com/epiloglaser (videos of Epilog Laser cutters/engravers in action)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.