Students will learn about the engineering design process and about friction and forces. Students will work in teams to design a skier out of everyday items that can race to the bottom of a classroom ski ramp the fastest.
5 – 8
Introduce students to:
- the engineer design process
Anticipated Learner Outcomes
As a result of this activity, students will be able to:
- Design a model/prototype a skier out of everyday items
- Describe the effects friction on your skier
- Teacher Resource Documents (attached)
- Student Resource Sheet (attached)
- Student Worksheets (attached)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.