Lesson focuses on how mathematic models help to solve real problems and are realized in computers. Students work in teams to build a graph model of their city map while learning how mathematic models work. Student should be encouraged to use this model to solve real problems.
8 – 18
- Learn about discrete mathematic modeling.
- Learn about graph theory.
- Learn about computer algorithms.
- Learn about teamwork and working in groups.
Anticipated Learner Outcomes
As a result of this lesson, students should develop an understanding of:
- mathematic models
- graph theory
- computer algorithmic thinking
Students learn how to solve a real problem in computer with the help of discrete mathematic models. They work in teams to build a graph model of their city map while learning how mathematic models work.
- Teacher Resource Documents
- Student Resource Sheets
- Student Worksheets
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.