Develop a robot arm using common materials. Students will explore design, construction, teamwork, and materials selection and use.
8 – 18
- Learn design concepts.
- Learn teamwork.
- Learn problem solving techniques.
- Learn about simple machines.
Anticipated Learner Outcomes
- design concepts
- teamwork needed in the design process
- impact of technology in manufacturing
Students design and build a working robotic arm from a set of everyday items with a goal of having the arm be able to pick up a Styrofoam cup. Working in teams of three or four students, the students explore effective teamwork skills while learning simple robot mechanics.
- Teacher Resource Documents
- Student Worksheets
- Student Resource Sheets
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.