The goal of this lesson is to provide students with an open-ended opportunity to explore and work with the materials, make and share observations, and build a foundational understanding of the relationship between gelatin shapes and light. Open-ended exploration encourages creativity and problem solving useful to meet the final challenge of designing a lens system to improve vision.
10 – 14
Introduce students to:
- Assistive vision technologies
Anticipated Learner Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Understand and apply knowledge of properties of light, lens shape to solve a problem related to human vision
- Use Lab Equipment (lights, lenses etc.) to design a solution to a problem
- Apply the scientific method and collect data to draw conclusions from evidence
- Develop and document a repeatable process
Students explore the relationship between gelatin shapes and light and design a lens system to improve vision.
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.