Target Applicant: Pre-University
The Design Competition involves teams of two students, both of whom must be high school freshmen, sophomores, or juniors at the time of the competition. Each team will design and build a vehicle that will, under its own power, perform a series of tasks while either descending or ascending a sloped ramp.
The following prizes will be awarded to the top performing teams:
- Both members of the first-place team will be awarded tuition scholarships to Boston University of $5,000 per year for four years.
- Both members of the second-place team will be awarded tuition scholarships to Boston University of $2,500 per year for four years.
- Both members of the third-place team will receive a $100 gift certificate redeemable at Barnes and Noble at Boston University.
- All finalists (top 16 teams) will receive a trophy recognizing their performance.
- Additional trophies will be given for Best Overall Design, Best Sportsman-Like Conduct and Best Performing Rookie Team.