Why STEM Outreach? Share. Give Back Inspire
IEEE is known for “Advancing Technology for Humanity.” As impressive as the technology of today is, it is the result of people. Ensuring there is a pool of talented individuals entering engineering and technology fields is an important part of IEEE’s mission. The students of today are the engineering and technology experts of tomorrow who will spur innovation and solve the challenges and continue advancing technology for humanity. As a result, IEEE is invested in inspiring the next generation to pursue STEM fields and it is IEEE volunteers who are helping to spark excitement about engineering through their pre-university STEM education programs.
Join our panel of IEEE volunteers as they share their own experiences with STEM Education and their perspectives on the importance of IEEE supporting pre-university STEM outreach.
Whether you are experienced at offering pre-university STEM programs and are new to STEM don’t miss this opportunity to engage with several of IEEE’s volunteers and learn how you can Share. Give Back. Inspire the next generation of STEM professionals.
- Kathy Land, IEEE 2021 President
- Lorena Garcia, IEEE EAB Pre University Education Coordinating Committee Chair
- S. K. Ramesh, Ph.D., Director AIMS2 Program, and Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, California State University
- Sharon B. DeVivo, EdD, President, Vaughn College
- Stamatis Dragoumanos, Education Chair, Greece Section & R8
- Elisa Barney, Chair, Student Activities Committee