Has a teacher impacted you in a major way? Today is a perfect opportunity to tell them. It’s Teachers’ Appreciation Day!
Why Celebrate Teachers’ Appreciation Day?
Teachers today are facing bigger challenges than ever before. Ever since the COVID-19 pandemic swept the world last year, teachers have had to completely change the way they educate their students, whether remotely through virtual classrooms, in person, or a combination of both. For many educators, this transformation has been far from easy.
While it’s been a struggle, many teachers have still managed to soldier through and make sure their students receive the education they need. Teachers are heroes, and we need to show them they have our love and support.
How to Let Your Teacher Know You Care
There are plenty of ways to tell your teacher how much they have impacted you. Here are some creative and fun ideas you can do alone or with classmates:
- Make a video letting your teacher know how much you appreciate them and why, which you can email to them or share on social media. Be sure to use the hashtag #TeacherAppreciationDay
- Make your teacher a poster with thank you messages from everyone in class and hang it on the classroom wall
- Decorate the front of your classroom door with messages of appreciation for your teacher that everyone in school can read
- Create an online fundraiser in your teacher’s name for a cause they are passionate about
- Send your teacher a personal card or email letting them know all the ways they have influenced you
- Get them a gift or supplies for the classroom
- Volunteer to help in class
IEEE TryEngineering offers a variety of resources to help teachers encourage students to explore STEM. Visit our website to view teacher resources and eLearning resources.