Making sure kids have early access to various learning opportunities helps prepare them for the challenges and opportunities they will face throughout their lives. How can you increase STEM engagement for your students, ensuring to create opportunities for all no matter their background?
EdSurge shared a list of strategies you can use to help create equal opportunities for all.
- Think like a coach and get some training. Take some in-person or virtual STEM workshops or classes to increase your confidence to coach your students in STEM..
- Build relationships in the local community by inviting local experts to speak and give presentations to help build STEM programs.
- Encourage peer-to-peer and near-peer mentoring to help kids develop leadership skills.
- Remove barriers for students who lack resources.
- Find additional funding for STEM by reaching out to local organizations.
TryEngineering offers teachers resources to help them encourage students to pursue STEM. Visit our teacher resources page today to view lesson plans, games and more.