Find it with GPS!
Download Student Worksheets RTF
- Learn about global positioning systems.
- Learn about engineering design.
- Learn how engineering can help solve society’s challenges.
- Learn about teamwork and problem solving.
As a result of this activity, students should develop an understanding of:
- global positioning systems
- interaction of technology and societal issues
- engineering design
Students explore the impact of how technology can positively impact the world by learning about global positioning systems. Students explore the technology behind GPS, find out about current applications, and work a part of an "engineering team" to brainstorm other applications of GPS to help solve world problems. Student teams present their new applications to the class.
- Teacher Resource Documents (attached)
- Student Resource Sheet (attached)
- Student Worksheets (attached)
Alignment to Curriculum Frameworks
Curriculum alignment sheet is included in PDF.comments powered by Disqus